Monday, September 10, 2007

Random stuff...

I just thought I would give a quick up date and what's been going on with us. There really hasn't been much. P is entering his second full week off. Then it's back to work for a bit. He's heading out to help out with an inspection in October to Cape Cod of all places. Something tells me this is no coincidence. It should be a fun time and he's looking forward to seeing everyone again. The girls are doing great. M is baby sitting almost every weekend and staying busy with school and friends. Today we surprised her with her very first "real" cell phone. (I guess trac phones don't count) It's a pink razor phone and she's VERY excited about it. With all her baby sitting and being out and about we felt safer with her having one. K is loving soccer and karate. Her soccer team is 1-1 which is great the big accomplishment is we got her to stop dancing on the field during the games. She dances to her own music, folks! Not much new with me. With the girls being back in school I'm enjoying some quite time. I've been able to read a lot and have gotten back into my daily walks. I admit an IPOD makes it go by faster but with the mountain lion sightings on base I still keep an eye out. You've seen National Geographic it's always the weakest in the herds that gets it and I'm taking no chances. We were lucky enough to have our friend David from DC come out TDY and have him over for dinner. We hadn't seen him in almost three years but it felt like no time had passed at all. We also have run into a few more people we know from other assignments in the last couple of weeks. It's always fun to see their reaction to seeing Morgan and Kendall again. Yes, kids grow up and taller then their mother! We got great news that the Scott's have planned their annual Thanksgiving trip out to visit us. We haven't seen them since well...April. It feels like longer. Should be a great time. I'm off to finish up a few things before K's soccer practice. No pictures this time!

No comments: