Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy New Year...

I can't believe how fast this year has gone by. How things have changed, this time last year we were in Cape Cod wondering if, when and where we would be moving next. Who knew we'd be driving 32oo hundred miles cross country a few months later. Now here we are a year later having a great time in CA. Our life is going great, P LOVES his job, the girls are doing great in school, have made a ton of new friends and are thriving. I've joined a few groups through VSC and I am finally learning how to play Mah Jongg. (Great game, not at all like on the computer.) Per P's request I'm not working in Real Estate here. His job as an Exec. includes some long hours , 14 hour days are the norm, and we both feel that the girls need me here full time. Real Estate is not a job you can do part time. I am loving it and have more then enough to stay busy while the girls are in school. For the year ahead we have more then a few fun trips planned. We're making the most out of living on the west coast while we're here.
No New Year's resolutions for us.... I feel if there is something you want to change in your life don't wait until New Year's Day to do it, just go ahead and do it. My suggestion to people is to use "I'm so busy I just don't have the time" less often. This is so over used, even by us at times, if our lives are really that busy then change it, no matter what it is if we're all to busy to enjoy the small simple things in everyday life with our family and friends then we are all doing something wrong. We all need to enjoy our daily lives and appreciate the people in our lives more. OK, enough of my ramblings...it's the Holiday Spirit in me.

Today we have some things planned to do with the girls then we are taking them out to dinner. After dinner we are all heading to some friends' for a get together. Should be a fun time!

Hope everyone was a wonderful and Happy New Year!

No comments: