The holiday vacation for the girls is finally coming to an end. They've had the last two weeks off. It has been so nice having them home and the time has flown by. I'm sad to see it end. Really ,I'm not joking. The first week was great we went shopping, to the movies, sleepovers, etc. the second week we all got sick. Just head colds but we all felt like doing nothing. So that's what we did. Which was also a nice break from our usual busy schedules.
It has been raining here on and off for the last few days but not to bad. Other areas of California are getting the worst of it, we've actually been enjoying it especially M who loves it when it rains. Yesterday we headed to the beach to see how the waves were. They didn't disappoint and we saw some big ones. We also saw some fresh wild boar tracks. K was excited! P works for an avid hunter and has gone out with him to help him track a boar down he had "hit" and bring it home. It weighed almost 100 pounds. (I also can't imagine P doing this but he did.) I'm still amazed they have them here on base. P's other boss is being promoted to Lt. General this week and he had a small BBQ at his house this afternoon to celebrate. The food was great (Santa Maria BBQ, of course) and we had a good time. I have to admit adult conversation was nice after two weeks school vacation.
Well, I'm off to make sure everyone has everything ready for tomorrow morning including me. I'm meeting with some people tomorrow to start volunteering at the base food pantry. Yes, we have one and Yes, unfortunately, it is greatly needed. Right now they have one woman who is doing almost everything on her own. I'm hoping I can help out in anyway they need it.
Happy Back to School everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment