Saturday, March 8, 2008
This and That....
We have had ALOT going on in the last two weeks or so. I'll try to keep from rambling on but I can't promise anything. Let's see ...Phil was promoted to Major last weekend. YIPPEE! We celebrated with good friends and will be having a bigger promotion/ St. Patty's Day party this Friday. (Pictures will follow). The last ten years have flown by. Last night P had a "Blast from the Past" We made a rare trip to the club on base (I mention rare for a reason we've only been a few times since moving here). You know with it being Vandenberg you are bound to see ALOT of people you know from previous assignments but this time we ran in to someone we hadn't seen in over 9 years. P had gone to OTS with him and then out here for training and then they went on to Colorado Springs and we went to Minot. Tom, who we saw last night, ended up getting out and is now active reserve there and doing great. It was great to see him and do alot of catching up. Seems he's out here TDY often so we'll be seeing him again soon. Onto other things, lots of volunteering at the food pantry last week. We are serving over 20 families now each month. K had a field trip to go Whale Watching in Santa Barabara this past Thursday. I went with her and we had a fun time. We saw gray whales, sea lions, dolphins and sea otters. K was very happy with the otters. M got another great report card and we are so proud of her. OK, I am off to get a few things done before dinner. Both M & K are having sleepovers at friends' tonight so we're having a small group of friends over for dinner.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment