Saturday, June 23, 2007

The Boat House adventure...

Today we took the girls to the Boat House down on South Base. For those of you who aren't familiar with it, you have to pay a dollar a person ($4 for us) for the day and then in turn they give you a key to unlock the main entrance gate and enjoy the beaches there. No swimming just beach combing and if you fish you can off the giant pier. Note to anyone thinking of going there, the bar on the gate sticks, pull really hard and I mean really hard. Do not waste your time driving all the way to Outdoor Rec to see if there's something else you need to do to get down there. Yes, that's what we had to do. We had to drive all the way back to main base. Seems the person working there was on the phone for 35 minutes straight while we were trying to call to see what we needed to do to open the gate.
Luckily "we" have a pretty mild, laid back temperment so when we got there... P did all the talking while I spoke to someone else waiting in line. Good plan, right? I could hear the person saying to P you have to really pull hard, have you ever opened a gate like that before, it's really tough. This is where I said Yes, we're from New England his family owns a farm in Vermont I think we can manage a cattle fence. I then took a couple deep breaths and tried to ignore this person giving P advice.
The end result was we did finally get the gate open and we had a great time even though we did miss low tide.




I do know half of P's head is cut off but the girls look great.













The Boat House,
a former Coast Guard commander's residence,
Notice the fence surrounding it?
You aren't allowed near it. It's in some disrepair.




The girls posing for me

Our sea glass collection from today

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'm glad you guys chose to join the 21st century :] i miss you and love you all